US Synthetic is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all people. Employment is based on qualification and ability. The following is a list of current employment opportunities at US Synthetic.
Customer Engineer - USS Bearings
Reports to: Engineering Manager - Bearings
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Petroleum); Master degree preferred
Experience: Minimum three years of post B.S. work experience preferred
Lead development of products for customers by working effectively with Bearings engineering and production teams. Plan, organize and direct customer engineering efforts to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines for bearing customers.
• Primary responsibility of select customer needs, concerns, etc.
• Drive development of new product lines for bearing customers
• Understand and review customer needs to determine resource requirements and feasibility to satisfy customer needs
• Determine and select correct bearing design concepts and fundamental technology/engineering used for development of new products or improvements of existing ones
• Perform liaison function between engineering and all manufacturing operations for any related problems or improvement opportunities that arise
• Participate in necessary engineering and general design meetings
• Prepare written and oral reports regarding technical or commercial issues related to bearing product
• Build strong relationships with customers and vendors
• Travel to customer locations as needed
• Interact with customers when design or quality problems or questions arise
• Communicate customer concerns to Bearings management team
• Resolve customer concerns quickly and effectively
• Interact with vendors and US Synthetic purchasing department concerning material and components
• Coordinate with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, customer service, production, accounting personnel, etc.
• Provide feedback and support to bearing customer service and manufacturing teams
• Oversee key bearing projects, processes and performance reports
• Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects, i.e. research findings, process reports, or resource allocation needs in order to inform management of current status
• Keep immediate leader advised of work status, work load, problems and progress
• Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Prior experience with design of downhole drilling tools
• Knowledge of oilfield equipment, materials, processes and specifications
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to create and give effective presentations to both small and large groups of people
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex engineering related documents
• Ability to comprehend and apply principles of calculus, algebra and statistical theory
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide of range of intellectual and practical problems
• Ability to respond effectively to customer concerns or complaints
• Ability to prepare concise customer requested technical reports
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-driven to learn and improve
• Leadership abilities
• Organized, keeping an organized laboratory book
• Knowledge of PDCA method and manufacturing
• Basic computer skills, i.e. MS Word, Power Point, etc.
• Safety Glasses (while on Production floor)
• Sit and walk for at least eight hours
• Lift or move at least 50 lbs.
All employees will support the organization’s mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors:
• Trust: Demonstrate belief in others
• Fun: Enjoy life
• Respect: Genuinely value everyone
• Openness: Provide access to people and information
• Growth: Improve continuously
• Service: Give of yourself
• Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
"Voted best place to work in Utah"
Utah work life award 2007